Earlier today right after I went out from work, I went to my dental appointment. It's all because I broke my partial denture 2 weeks ago and need a new replacement...
But with my great surprice! Hollahohhh! it cost me $4254!!! Holy cow! I couldn't believe how expensive dental care and accesories here. The only thing I felt is I wanna go back to the Philippines and get my teeth fixed and done there.
In that amount, it includes the root canals, filling, cleaning and denture, ala eh kung sa Pinas yun, it wont cost that much, and it most probably gold denture na. Hehehe.
So to sum it up, I wish I took care of my teeth when I was young. It's really a big regret. But what can I do, I came from a poor family and can't afford to have a good dental care. So here I come what price I've got? Syempre, suffer the consequences. I'm just to lucky I got a good job that'll suffice all that expenses.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Earlier today right after I went out from work, I went to my dental appointment. It's all because I broke my partial denture 2 weeks ago and need a new replacement...
Posted by She at 7:59 PM
Sunday, August 31, 2008
One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.
He asked her,'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?' The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him.
Her boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine.'
This is how the human brain often works when our status changes. Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.
Posted by She at 9:27 AM
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
To those people we shared and trust, sometimes are the one who'll gonna play you in the middle of their hands... They'll pretend they are concern, and will ask you about the latest... and you're there telling every single detail, but later on boom, they'll break you down into pieces and it seems being thrown by bunch of tomatoes and ending up with egg on the head without of knowing. And also, about the CONCERN, it's way different from that word as being spoken. It differ upon how you act and show how concern you are to other people. About thinking things behind your back, it's also different, even you said the very flowery words in the world, it's not the word being said but the gesture you are showing towards that certain person. We all have that intuition.
Things aren't definite, as long as you are breathing life must go on. And the lesson learned! The saying that "No man is an island", is absolutely wrong. We can still reach the top without relying to anyone. It's not that being boastful, but just for a little benefit for the word PRIDE. Sometimes giving up, doesn't mean you're weak and don't know the meaning of SAKRIPISYO. But it's not. It's just showing you have your mind, who can decide and willing to move on...
Just to sum it all, be cautious, be careful... Sometimes we better keep our mouth shut than opening things that some other people wouldn't perceive things right the way you are expecting them to be and who couldn't understand the message you are imparting.
Posted by She at 6:06 PM
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Well, the Host of the program Korina Sanchez, answered all those questions. And the reasons are as follows:
- Poverty. They can't afford to have dental care. Even just to buy cheap toothbrush and toothpaste. Because they say, they will just save the money to buy something to eat other than buying that stuff.
- Poor Nutrition. Usually if you are poor you lack lot's of everything thats include proper nourishment that makes teeth and body poorer.
- Poor Hygiene. Laziness to brush teeth every after meal or even 3 times a day. Lot's of study shows that poor mouth hygiene makes teeth and gums weaker.
- Unhealthy Lifestyle. Smoking is the number one. Almost half of the respondents of the study do smoke cigarettes, that results to thickening of nicotine in the teeth that leads in harboring of bacteria causing tooth decay.
But with all those facts, still people tried to live with and make themselves happy in their very own special way even they lack much of things some other people have. Still, they portrayed smiley faces with no teeth...
Posted by She at 9:48 PM
Friday, August 8, 2008
Most people do experienced that hardship to defecate. With constipation stools are usually hard, dry, small in size, and difficult to eliminate. Some people who are constipated find it painful to have a bowel movement and often experience straining, bloating, and the sensation of a full bowel. And once passed out, whew!!! SUCCESS!!! But why does it happen?
Well, constipation is just a symptom not a disease. The cause is typically poor diet, not enough fiber in the diet, lack of physical activity (especially in the elderly), medications, milk, irritable bowel syndrome, changes in life or routine such as pregnancy, aging, and travel, abuse of laxatives, ignoring the urge to have a bowel movement, not enough water intake, specific diseases or conditions, such as stroke (most common), problems with the colon and rectum, problems with intestinal function (chronic idiopathic constipation).
Posted by She at 11:02 AM
Thursday, August 7, 2008
But what really an Alzheimers Disease?
- Memory loss. Forgetting recently learned information is one of the most common early signs of dementia. A person begins to forget more often and is unable to recall the information later.
- Difficulty performing familiar tasks. People with dementia often find it hard to plan or complete everyday tasks. Individuals may lose track of the steps involved in preparing a meal, placing a telephone call or playing a game.
- Problems with language. People with Alzheimer’s disease often forget simple words or substitute unusual words, making their speech or writing hard to understand. They may be unable to find the toothbrush, for example, and instead ask for "that thing for my mouth.”
- Disorientation to time and place. People with Alzheimer’s disease can become lost in their own neighborhood, forget where they are and how they got there, and not know how to get back home.
- Poor or decreased judgment. Those with Alzheimer’s may dress inappropriately, wearing several layers on a warm day or little clothing in the cold. They may show poor judgment, like giving away large sums of money to telemarketers.
- Problems with abstract thinking. Someone with Alzheimer’s disease may have unusual difficulty performing complex mental tasks, like forgetting what numbers are for and how they should be used.
- Misplacing things. A person with Alzheimer’s disease may put things in unusual places: an iron in the freezer or a wristwatch in the sugar bowl.
- Changes in mood or behavior. Someone with Alzheimer’s disease may show rapid mood swings – from calm to tears to anger – for no apparent reason.
- Changes in personality. The personalities of people with dementia can change dramatically. They may become extremely confused, suspicious, fearful or dependent on a family member.
- Loss of initiative. A person with Alzheimer’s disease may become very passive, sitting in front of the TV for hours, sleeping more than usual or not wanting to do usual activities.
Unfortunately, this disease has no cure. But here are some basic care to modify the symptoms and control the aggravation. Orientation of the patient about time and place, ongoing treatment focuses on making the most of the person's abilities as they change and dealing with new problems as they arise. Caregiving tasks range from maintaining a safe environment and helping the person get dressed every day to finding ways to manage or minimize disruptive behaviors such as wandering and sleep problems. No single strategy works for everyone. Successful care also depends on making sure the caregiver is involved in making decisions about treatment.
Posted by She at 10:31 AM
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
A victim of Whiplash may experience some/all of these symptoms:
- neck, shoulder blades, arm pains
- soreness of muscles
- vision problems
- loss of motion or stiffness of the neck
The initial treatment of whiplash has been soft cervical collar. The goal of the collar is to reduce the range of motion of the neck and to prevent any additional injuries. More recent studies have shown that more prolonged immobilization actually slows the healing process. Early range of motion exercises have a more reliable and rapid improvement of the symptoms. This includes the rotational exercises performed atleast 10 times. Physical therapy can be useful in helping to wean a patient from a cervical collar as well as to help strengthen muscles and reduce painful motions. These are just some basic remedies to lessen the severity of the symptoms.
Posted by She at 3:50 PM
Friday, August 1, 2008
It's been about 8 months since I came in USA, and lived for good with my husband here in Fresno, CA. I would say that it's really hard to adjust with the new life, new environment and especially to get along with new people around, that includes making friends with the neighbors. I know I can do it pretty quick... That's the Pinay character as far as I know.
Posted by She at 10:06 PM
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Posted by She at 10:06 PM
Saturday, July 19, 2008
My watch says Saturday 2:55 am.
Me and my husband just came home from a long way trip just to watch movies. It's in Madera Movie Theatre, about 20 miles away from our house. On our way home my eyes are drooping, and falling flat on my face from some mild form of fatigue but that would be the most logical thing to do, to sleep. But, at that point, I couldn't able to sleep because I'm thinking of my husband who is driving, he needs a noisy mouth so he wouldn't fall asleep while driving, I know he also feel the way I feel, tiredness.
But, whoa!!! We really enjoyed our time together. That movie theatre is way different from any other theatre. Because that place is an open field and allows you to bring your car and let you do anything you want. In our case, we brought our portable chair, our ice chest-cooler filled of soda and water, and snacks (chips and popcorn).
The movie started around 9:00 pm, after the sundown (usually 8:00 to 9:00 pm sun is still up here). So that's why it took a long wait for the first movie to start. And speaking about the first movie. It is Hellboy II: The Golden Army starred by Ron Perlman. It is a comic-fantasy movie wherein it focused about the red, horned, tailed and roughest superhero called Red (hellboy) and his adventure. On how he save the humankind from the mythical creatures headed by Prince Nuada, his adventures and his love story. By the end of the movie, his love story has been highlighted, being a a husband and future father of the on the way twins. So most probably that would be included in the next series. Hellboy III...
The second movie is HANCOCK!!! It is starred by Will Smith, Jason Bateman and Charlize Theron. John Hancock (Will Smith) is an alcoholic man with superhuman powers, including supersonic flight, invulnerability, and super-strength. He uses his powers to stop criminals in his residence LA, but though his activity inadvertently causes millions of dollars in property damage due to his constant intoxication. As a result, he is routinely jeered at the crime scenes. Hancock also ignores court subpoenas from the city of Los Angeles to address the property damage he has caused. But everything has changed when he met Ray (Jason Bateman). He helped Hancock to change his outlook in life and use his power to help other people and fight crimes. And there he is, the superhero, but as any other hero, he also have weakness. It's being close to a person who got exactly the same power like him and it's his ex wife (Mary) Charlize Theron. Who is the current wife of Ray. But everything was the rest of the story that need to be watch for you to have better understanding and enjoyment of the movie. There's twists and turns in the story. But generally, it is one of the best movie I'd ever seen.
The long trip is really worth it. So for those who are movie fanatics, who would want some different kind of setting, try Madera Movie Theatre, it may be too far, but it's worth enjoyment.
Okay, it's time to sleep, goodnight guys! hmm, I mean good morning... Till next time.
Posted by She at 3:25 AM
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Life is a matter of choice. It's how you live with it and flourish it. Just like of choosing who you would want to be with, the love of your life, friends who'd you want to get along, the career you want to pursue and many other more.
Feelings and critical thinking are always the spice of it. Sometimes you have to follow your heart first before your mind, and vice versa. As long as you don't decide with blithe ignorance of the urgency of the situation then go for it. You, me, all of us needs to balance every decision we make and be happy for the outcomes with no regrets.
Posted by She at 11:37 PM
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Yahoo, I made it!
It is aided by Horizon Health and Subacute Center here in Fresno. It is a nursing home that is taking care of Old folks all over Fresno. It is also a training facility for LVN's & CNA's. And FYI, the CNA training program is free. That's why I grabbed it because it's a good opportunity
I know you guys may wonder why I joined this program to the fact that I am a BSN graduate already. The reason is because I am not yet license to practice here in United States of America, and I don't have Interim Permit (it is a permit to work while awaiting the results of the NCLEX examination) yet. So for the mean time I want to utilize my capabilities and skills. Know the things what CNA can do, so in time that I become a BSN RN, I will be a much better professional nurse, leader, co-worker and caregiver.
We should start from the bottom to reach the top. We should feel the hardship to be satisfied. That's my outlook in life, soon my career will start rolling, and the result, Be the best NURSE and PERSON that I can be.
Posted by She at 9:03 PM
- Wash your face once or twice a day to prevent the oil build up in your face that may cause acne.
- Give time washing your leftover make up. Your face should be free from it.
- Don't prick, squeeze, or pop your pimple because it may create and leave deep scar. There's a special tool to gently unclog the existing pimple and would eliminate the chances of having scar.
- Don't scrub your face, because sometimes severe scrubbing may cause skin irritation and the more it will get worst. Just use your hand gently and use mild soap.
- If you have long hair, keep it away from your face and wash it regularly to reduce oil.
- Always wash your hands and try not to touch your face. Avoid too much exposure to heat or sun, it's one of the misconception, yes sun tanning help to hide pimples but it doesn't help them go away. Anyway too much sun is not a good idea because it may also leave sun burn and could turn up to skin cancer later in life.
- I read something from the book, try putting toothpaste on an existing breakout. And make do-it-yourself mask made up of ground aspirin, for this is also a salicylic treatment regimen. Cause both contain the same chemical that help reduce pimples.
- Reduce eating to much sweets such as cakes, chocolates, candy because sugar does help bacteria in the body to flourish and cocoa butter in chocolate, when ingested, does cause more pimples to appear. But still it depends upon our body biochemistries.
- Drink a lot of water. Unless contraindicated to do so. Atleast 8 glasses of water a day.
- Have a balanced diet, much more with vegetables and fruits rich in Vitamin C and E.
- Have enough sleep, because sleep deprivation weakened immune system that may attrack free radicals and may cause unhealthy skin, pimples and many other diseases.
- And to sum it up, have a healthy LIFESTYLE!!!
Posted by She at 12:01 PM
Monday, July 14, 2008
It was less than a week ago since I got my temporary driver's license. And I am happy to have that priviledge. But I know it wouldn't be the end of it, because I still need to have the behind the wheel exam which will happen once I get myself ready. But when it will be???
At around 6:55 pm today, the lesson started and my husband is my Instructor. That was the very first time I seat in a car and drive it by myself. At first I felt so nervous, but I know it wont help me at all. I got to be focused, strong and motivated to learn.
Sometimes I overlooked things to be hard to get. But not all, like driving, just work hard for it, and you'll get it... So in less than two hours, by knowing about the basics I was able to drive around the blocks.
Here's some pointers that my Best Instructor (my husband) thought me:
- Review the controls and features of the car such as dashboard controls, steering wheel and seat adjustment, mirror adjustment, turn signals, head lights, wipers, emergency lights, parking brake/release, safety features like air bags and seat belts, starting/turning off the engine, gas, breaks, warning indicator lights on dashboard (such as low fuel, oil, temperature indicator.)
- Practice applying gas and brakes, turning, and backing up.
- He reminds me to pay attention to my surroundings - Be focus by looking ahead and to the sides, check mirrors, scan continuously for hazards, keep a clear "safety space" or "safety bubble" around the car to provide room to react to hazards. The further the car "hangs back" from the vehicle in front, the greater visibility and reaction time achieved.
- Always think you’re not on the road alone. You’re not traveling by yourself. There are many other drivers and passengers to consider. It’s a privilege to be among them.
There, that's my today's lesson learned. And I hope real soon I'll be driving my own car confidently, cautiously. And just by now I love being able to drive.
Posted by She at 10:10 PM
Saturday, July 12, 2008
- The guts to eat the right stuff. junk tastes gooood but try drinking as much water as you can. then watch what you take in cos it can make you or break you. an electric juicer is still the best tool for gulping up the desired, but often dreaded, greens :)
- Get out of your comfort zone... do something. do one thing every week that scares you. slap yourself when you get crazy lazy & it's not an official holiday. shake your boo-tay when you like the music you hear, cos angels aside, you are down and depressed sometimes! think of what, in the 9 lives of a cat, you believe in... you have to believe in SOMETHING... make yourself useful. puwera plastikan.
- Compliment someone (and mean it). I read this somewhere before and it's so great. there isn't a snowball's chance in hell you wouldn't get a kick out of it-- it works with anyone cos everyone is somewhat vain and wants a compliment! how bout saying THANK YOU to someone... or making a peace offering... there has to be someone you haven't talked to in a while? make peace, not war. make loooove, not war
- Find something to LIKE. a new film? song? out of the box idea? a new dream job? a new tambayan? something about your PAST? laugh. try it now, smile. makes you feel good already i'm sure. laugh cos something's funny, laugh cos you find something ridiculous. laugh cos it's good for you. laugh cos you can.
- Never allow anyone to say you don't have a BACKBONE. take a break. know when & why you have to be fair to yourself. know how to cry whether out of relief or remorse. know when something is hurting you. know when something is an act of truth or just an act, period. know when something is, or isn't, good for you. don't stress yourself out about it all... rest, and try to see why you should be proud of your decisions.
Posted by She at 11:30 PM